Mosquito season is here and for many Griffin families, the pest invades their home as soon as possible. Mosquito bites quickly ruin fun for a person of any age, although children find them especially bothersome. You can take steps to minimize mosquito exposure on your property with tips like:
· Remove any standing water from the property. Even a teaspoonful can attract mosquitoes to the home.
· Use citronella candles or other products during events that bring you outside. The pest dislikes the smell.
· Call professionals to get mosquito control in Griffin. There is no better way to keep your home free from mosquitoes.
Now that you have a few ideas that keep mosquitoes off your property, what can you do in the meantime if one of them bites you or a child in the home? There are a few ways to treat the itchy swelling, such as:
1. Ice: Apply ice to the area for about 10 minutes. The ice will numb the area and can reduce swelling.
2. Calamine Lotion: The pink stuff as it was applied when I was growing up. It instantly relieves itching and burning from bug bites like mosquitoes. And best of all, it is pretty cheap to purchase.
3. Anti-Itch Creams: Many anti-itch creams sold over the counter at the pharmacy cost a few bucks and can stop the itching, swelling, and irritation associated with a mosquito bite.
4. Baking Water & Soda: A mixture of baking water and soda until it forms a paste can be applied over the mosquito bite to stop the itching. It is simple to make and use this treatment that also soothes the area.
5. Aloe Vera: Keep an aloe vera plant in your home. It works wonders on burns but helps mosquito bites and other itchy marks left on the skin. And, it is an all-natural, affordable treatment.Read More